LARES Transfer Scholar Award
Applications for the Fall 2020 semester are now being accepted through Friday, June 5, 2020.
The LARES Transfer Scholar Award is designed to assist incoming transfer students reach their goal of obtaining a baccalaureate degree. Candidates are considered based on merit and leadership. Award funding is specifically earmarked for tuition, fees, and other educational related expenses.
- New transfer students who have earned at least 36 transfer credits.
- Student must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.25.
- Student must maintain a full-time course load (at least 12 credits) during the semester the award is distributed.
- Student must qualify for in-state tuition.
To be considered for this award, students will need to:
- Complete the LARES Transfer Scholar Award online application.
- Submit resume.
- Submit one letter of recommendation on official letterhead from an advisor, professor or administrator. (Please have recommenders upload letter through the following link: https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/103352.)
- Submit a personal statement with responses to the following questions (300 words):
- Discussing your academic and professional goals.
- How will your academic and professional goals benefit the Latino community?
For more information, contact Marilyn Diaz at (312) 996-3356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.