LARES Kaplan Award
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year will be accepted starting March 2023 through April 2023.
The LARES Kaplan Award was established to support the academic ambitions of Latino students pursuing a post-bachelorette degree by sponsoring their enrollment in a Kaplan Test Prep course (i.e. MCAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.). Candidates are considered based on merit, leadership, and commitment to the Latino community.
- Must be a UIC Latino student who is a junior, senior, or recent graduate.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be a full-time student.
- Must be committed to attend graduate school.
- Must be eligible for in-state tuition.
- Holders of F-1 student visas ineligible.
To be considered for this award, students will need to:
- Complete the LARES Kaplan Award online application.
- In completing your application, you will be prompted to answer the following questions:
- Describe your professional aspirations. How will you use your degrees to serve as a change agent for the Latino community? (300 words)
- Discuss your involvement / leadership within the Latino and/or UIC community. (250 words)
- Discuss your current financial situation including financial hardships if applicable (i.e. unemployment, medical expenses, etc.). (200 words)
- Submit resume.
For more information, contact Dr. Mitzi Ramos at (312) 996-3356 or email@example.com.