LARES First Year Scholar Award
Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are now being accepted until Saturday, July 31st.
The LARES First-Year Scholar Award was established to support the academic success of incoming first-year UIC students. Recipients are recognized for their leadership and high school involvement. The $2,500 award must be applied toward tuition, fees, and educational related expenses.
- Must be a first-year incoming UIC student.
- Must be enrolled in the LARES program. Please visit the following link to sign up for the program: https://lares.uic.edu/about/sign-up/
- Must have a minimum high school G.P.A. of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours) throughout the first academic year at UIC.
To be considered for this award, students will need to:
- Visit http://uic.academicworks.com.
- Select “Sign In With Your Institution”.
- Complete the general UIC SnAP application.
- When finished, click on “Finish and Submit”.
- Go to the “Opportunities” tab and search “LARES First-Year Scholar Award”; click “Apply”.
- Complete required supplemental questions.
- Click “Finish and Submit”.
For more information, contact Daisy Lemus at (312) 996-3356 or email@example.com.